Many problems can be fixed quickly and effectively without being on site. Remote support allows us to see and control your computer over the internet (with your permission), which can often be the fastest and most economical option for simple computer repairs or questions.
In an attempt to provide even better remote services, we have started using new remote control software called LogMeIn Rescue.
Here’s how it works:
- Click here to download Mobile Computer Doctor Remote LogMeIn Installer.
- Once it downloads, run the download to install it on your system.
- When it is done, it will put an icon on your desktop that looks like a blue circle with a clear + in the middle that says Mobile Computer Doctor Remote Help just below it.
- Once it has installed, it may launch and tell you that it is in need of an update, go ahead and click continue to install the update.
- Once it has updated, go ahead and close the program.
Some people have thought that clicking the icon will just magically connect you to me for help immediately, anytime day or night. That is NOT how this works. You still have to call and set an appointment time for remote help, then when your appointment time comes, I will call and instruct you to click the icon on your desktop, I will do the same on mine, and THEN we will be magically connected over the internet!
Note, this tool only allows me access manually, you have to launch the program to let me on, I CANNOT access your computer without you giving me permission. I do have another tool that allows me to access computers anytime, day or night, as long as it is on, but I usually only use that with small businesses that require that I work on their computers at night, after their staff has gone home.